Whether you are missing one tooth, missing multiple teeth, have advanced gum disease or are just fed up with dentures, getting back a natural looking and functioning smile is easier today than ever before. As the dental implant process has evolved and materials have improved, patients can regain their quality of life with a beautiful, secure smile. Learn more about the benefits of dental implants.
Florham Park area dentist Dr. Ira Goldberg has been placing all types of dental implants for over 22 years. He has received advanced training from leading institutions and remains committed to continuing education in implant dentistry for the benefit of his patients. The transition from replacing a single tooth to securing dental appliances with dental implants has positively transformed outcomes for patients in many ways. The All On Four™ procedure enables an edentulous patient to achieve a beautiful new smile that is almost indistinguishable from natural teeth.
All On Four VS Dentures: What To Consider
Choosing the right tooth replacement option can often seem overwhelming. The most important step is to choose a trained and experienced dentist who can offer a thorough evaluation of your oral health and fully explain the pros and cons of your most suitable options. Beyond aesthetics and comfort, there are important options to consider that can affect the longevity of your result. Dr. Goldberg has an in depth understanding of all types of implants and can guide you through the process of evaluating your options and identifying your unique lifestyle and health factors that can impact your long term result.
We take the time to educate you on all aspects of your tooth replacement options so that you can make an informed decision that suits your overall needs and goals. Our goal is to help you enjoy the best possible quality of life with a stable and healthy smile that also gives you back your sense of self confidence.
A Comparison of Dentures & All-On-Four®
- All-On-Four® can provide the most stable result and a permanent solution to missing teeth in just one appointment. However, there are certain situations where a traditional denture is best for your new smile, and only an experienced implantologist can help you make this decision. A traditional denture has a “flange” of acrylic that an All-On-Four® does not, and this can be important if a person shows a lot of gum in their smile or has lost enough bone that extra acrylic is needed to prevent the face from collapsing. Dr. Goldberg will work with you to determine which will look and feel best.
- An upper denture will cover a significant part of the palate, which can interfere with taste and the experience of eating certain foods. All-On-Four® does not cover the roof of the mouth, so this problem does not exist.
- A lower denture is notorious for excessive movement. Because All-On-Four® is secured to implants, there is no movement at all.
- Chewing Ability: There is a significant difference with chewing power between implants and dentures: it is compromised with a denture.
- Bone Loss: Over time many patients experience bone loss with a denture and begin to notice changes in the fit. All-On-Four® can help to prevent this by supporting bone tissue stability. The implanted posts and the action of chewing work together to stimulate healthy bone cell growth in the jaw to retain natural structure.
Do I Have Enough Bone?
Another common concern is the health and structure of bone in the jaw. After tooth loss, the bone can begin to shrink, changing the shape of the jaw and threatening the integrity of any remaining teeth. All On Four is unique in that it can be successful for most patients with strategic placement and angling of dental implants for maximum stability. Dr. Goldberg uses advanced diagnostics and treatment planning technology to ensure optimal placement of as few as 4 dental implants for your new smile. He will increase the number of implants to meet your needs and ensure that your new teeth will remain secure for many years.
How Do I Care For My New Smile?
Daily care and maintenance differ somewhat between an implant supported a denture, which is removable, and an All On Four hybrid denture, which is permanently secured to the jaw. Although both require good daily oral hygiene and routine dental visits, a removable denture will need to be cleaned and soaked nightly to maintain your oral health and keep it looking good. This is often a key point of consideration and something that we can discuss in depth during the initial consultation for a more informed decision.
Schedule a Consultation
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Ira Goldberg or Dr. Raj Upadya to discuss your dental health, cosmetic goals, and budget concerns to determine if all on four dental implants are right for you. We offer the all on four dental implants under one roof meaning the entire process will take place at our Florham Park, NJ office. If have questions about dental implants or need more information on single dental implants, multiple dental implants, or the cost of dental implants in Florham Park, NJ, contact our dentist office today.