Dr. Raj Upadya and Dr. Ira Goldberg specialize in treating complex dental problems and replacing missing teeth with dental implants. Dental implants are an excellent solution for patients who have missing teeth but want long lasting, natural looking results.
Dental implants look and function just like natural teeth, allowing the patient to speak, chew and smile confidently. Dr. Ira Goldberg joins Dr. Upadya at Esthetic Dental Care to offer full services for dental implants to patients in Florham Park, Parsippany, Livingston and Morristown, NJ. All phases of your procedure can be performed in the comfort of our Florham Park dental office.
Dental implants are used to:
- Replace a single tooth that is missing or broken
- Restore teeth with significant decay
- Replace multiple teeth
- Anchor a dental bridge or denture
Why Choose Us?
Esthetic Dental Care is home to a team of highly educated and trained dentists with over 40 years of combined experience in all facets of dentistry. Dr. Upadya and Dr. Goldberg are both alumni of the prestigious Dawson Academy, practicing the concepts of complete dentistry. They share the passion and intensity to view patients as a whole, recognizing dental conditions and treatment options that often go overlooked by others. Your patient experience is the focus of their compassionate, personalized care.
Dr. Ira Goldberg has been practicing implant dentistry for over 20 years. He has trained extensively under some of the biggest names in dental implants. He holds many degrees, teaches dental implants to other dentists, and most importantly, he is passionate about implant dentistry.
Dental implantology is not a specialty, which means any dentist, regardless of their training, can place and restore implants. Not only has Dr. Goldberg undergone years of training, but he is constantly taking continuing education programs, reads multiple implant journals regularly to stay on top of this rapidly changing field, and has invested heavily in technology to make implant procedures faster, safer, and more predictable for his patients.
Schedule a Consultation for Dental Implants
Find out why dental implants are the preferred solution for missing teeth by both dentists and patients. Contact Esthetic Dental Care in Florham Park, NJ to schedule a consultation with Dr. Goldberg or Dr. Upadya. Call us at 973-241-5169 or click here to schedule an appointment.
Dental Implant Process
The process for dental implants take place over several months:
- Consultation & Evaluation – Each patient starts their treatment with a comprehensive evaluation from Dr. Upadya or Dr. Goldberg. The dentist will inspect your teeth, gums and mouth and determine if dental implants are right for you. It is important that you have adequate bone structure to secure the implant in place. Dr. Goldberg or Dr. Upadya will create a personalized treatment plan. He may place the implant himself or in many cases, coordinate treatment with an oral surgeon or periodontist who will perform the surgery.
- Implantation – The dental implant is a tiny titanium post that is placed into the bone serving as the root for the prosthetic tooth. Strategic planning is crucial to the long term success and comfort of the final restoration.The dental implant will be given 3 to 6 months to heal. During this time, you may have a temporary crown or bridge in place for healing and cosmetic purposes.
- Implant Restoration – Once the dental implant has completely healed and fused to the bone, it will be uncovered and Dr. Upadya will permanently secure the dental crown to the dental implant. The dental crown is typically made of porcelain and looks like a natural tooth.
- After Care – Many patients say that they forget they have a dental implant. The dental implant will look and function the same as natural teeth and you will be able to floss and brush the dental implant normally. Routine visits to the dentist will be important to ensure long term health and function.
Dr. Upadya and Dr. Goldberg have incorporated some of the most sophisticated dental technology in the treatment planning for dental implants. From digital x-rays to 3-D simulations, the entire procedure will be carefully outlined before any work is ever done inside the mouth. Careful planning ensures that the results will be comfortable, natural looking and long lasting.
Our technology includes:
- On-site 3-D scanners to evaluate your bone structure more accurately than traditional films
- Specialized software to plan your dental implants
- Specialized surgical equipment to help surgeries proceed faster and safer, and provide you, the patient, with less swelling, bruising, and pain
- Resonance Frequency Analysis to measure implant stability
Dr. Goldberg and Dr. Upadya will take the time to discuss all aspects of your procedure prior to your first phase of treatment and will follow up with you throughout the process to ensure your comfort and confidence in your dentistry.
About Dental Implants
There are a variety of dental implants which can be used to replace one tooth or an entire arch of teeth. Depending on your needs and your oral health, Dr. Goldberg or Dr. Upadya will recommend the appropriate option for the best result.
Dental implant: used to replace a single missing tooth, a dental implant consists of a titanium screw and a custom dental crown which are connected by an abutment that sits on the gum line. A dental implant functions like a natural tooth and reduces bone loss in the jaw.
Mini Implants: used for patients with reduced bone structure in the jaw, mini implants can be used for one tooth or to secure a denture to replace all of the top or bottom teeth. Using smaller titanium screws, this type of implant is typically completed in a single visit with minimal discomfort. It is also less costly than traditional implants and provides a stable, permanent result.
All-On-Four: all-on-four is a dental implant secured denture replacing the top or bottom arch of teeth. Using as few as four strategically placed dental implants, a cosmetic denture can be permanently secured in the jaw for a functional, comfortable and natural looking smile that requires no daily maintenance.