Dr. Raj Upadya and Dr. Ira Goldberg focus on the treatment of complex dental problems and replacing missing teeth with dental implants. Dental implants are an excellent solution for patients who have missing teeth but want long lasting, natural looking results. Dental implants can replace one missing tooth or multiple dental implants can secure your bridge or denture for a new smile that feels like it has always been there.
Dental implants look and function just like natural teeth, allowing the patient to speak, chew and smile confidently. Dr. Ira Goldberg joins Dr. Upadya at Esthetic Dental Care to offers dental implants under one roof to patients in Florham Park, Parsippany, Livingston and Morristown, NJ. All phases of your procedure can be performed in the comfort of our Florham Park dental office.
Dental implants are used to:
- Replace a single tooth that is missing or broken
- Restore teeth with significant decay
- Replace multiple teeth
- Anchor a dental bridge or denture
Why Choose Us?
Esthetic Dental Care is home to a team of highly educated and trained dentists with over 40 years of combined experience in all facets of dentistry. Dr. Upadya and Dr. Goldberg are both alumni of the prestigious Dawson Academy, practicing the concepts of complete dentistry. They share the passion and intensity to view patients as a whole, recognizing dental conditions and treatment options that often go overlooked by others. Your patient experience is the focus of their compassionate, personalized care. Learn more.
Dr. Ira Goldberg has been practicing implant dentistry for over 22 years. He has trained extensively under some of the biggest names in dental implants. He holds many degrees, teaches dental implants to other dentists, and most importantly, he is passionate about implant dentistry.
Dental implantology is not a specialty, which means any dentist, regardless of their training, can place and restore implants. Not only has Dr. Goldberg undergone years of training, but he is constantly taking continuing education programs, reads multiple implant journals regularly to stay on top of this rapidly changing field, and has invested heavily in technology to make implant procedures faster, safer, and more predictable for his patients.
Schedule a Consultation for Dental Implants
Find out why dental implants are the preferred solution for missing teeth by both dentists and patients. Contact Esthetic Dental Care in Florham Park, NJ to schedule a consultation with Dr. Goldberg or Dr. Upadya and learn more about the benefits of dental implants. If you have questions about dental implants or need more information on the cost of dental implants in Florham Park, NJ, contact our dentist office today.
The Dental Implant Process
The process for dental implants take place over several months:
- Consultation- A consultation will give you the opportunity to meet Dr. Goldberg and find out for yourself why he is one of the areas most sought-after dental implant professionals. This 45-minute appointment is an opportunity to understand generally what your current condition is, what treatment options exist, and how you might choose to go about and start treatment.
- Evaluation- Each patient starts their treatment with a comprehensive evaluation from Dr. Upadya or Dr. Goldberg. The dentist will inspect your teeth, gums, and mouth and determine if dental implants are right for you. It is important that you have adequate bone structure to secure the implant in place. Dr. Goldberg or Dr. Upadya will create a personalized treatment plan. </li>
- Implantation – The dental implant is a small titanium post that is placed into the bone serving as the root of the prosthetic tooth. Strategic planning is crucial to the long-term success and comfort of the final restoration, and unfortunately, this is overlooked by many inexperienced doctors. Sometimes the restoration of the implant can be performed right away, and other times it requires healing up to 4 months. If necessary, you will be provided with a temporary tooth (or teeth) during the implant healing phase.
- Implant Restoration – Once the dental implant has completely healed, your final restoration whether it is a single crown, multiple crowns, dentures, or fixed hybrid can be fabricated.
- After Care – Many patients say that they forget they have a dental implant. The dental implant will look and function the same as natural teeth and you will be able to floss and brush the dental implant normally. Routine visits to the dentist will be important to ensure long-term health and function.
Dr. Upadya and Dr. Goldberg have incorporated some of the most sophisticated dental technology in the treatment planning for dental implants. From digital x-rays to 3-D simulations, the entire procedure will be carefully outlined before any work is ever done inside the mouth. Careful planning ensures that the results will be comfortable, natural looking and long lasting.
Our technology includes:
- On-site 3-D scanners to evaluate your bone structure more accurately than traditional films
- Specialized software to plan your dental implants
- Specialized surgical equipment to help surgeries proceed faster and safer, and provide you, the patient, with less swelling, bruising, and pain
- Resonance Frequency Analysis to measure implant stability
Dr. Goldberg and Dr. Upadya will take the time to discuss all aspects of your procedure prior to your first phase of treatment and will follow up with you throughout the process to ensure your comfort and confidence in your dentistry.
Types of Dental Implants
There are a variety of dental implants which can be used individually or in groups to replace one tooth, multiple teeth or a full arch (jaw) of teeth. Depending on your needs and your oral health, Dr. Goldberg or Dr. Upadya will recommend the appropriate option for the best result.
Standard Dental Implant: Traditionally made from titanium, the implant looks like a threaded post or screw. It is placed into the jawbone, and acts as an anchor for whatever your final restoration will be, such as a single crown, a bridge, denture, or hybrid teeth such as an All-On-Four®
Mini Implants: Also a threaded post, the mini-implant is placed into your jawbone in the same manner as a standard implant. The difference is that is much thinner and the surgery can be much less involved. The mini-implant was traditionally used to help secure dentures but is has evolved into other applications. A consultation and or examination is definitely a requirement to determine if mini implants are right for you.
All-On-Four or Hybrid Implants: This is a technique utilizing 4 to 6 standard implants to secure a full arch (jaw) of teeth in a person’s mouth. If you are missing all of your teeth in the top jaw or bottom jaw, or know that you need to have most or all of these teeth removed, this option might be a perfect solution for you. CLICK HERE for more information.