Porcelain veneers are used in cosmetic dentistry to accomplish a number of goals. They can be used for subtle changes or dramatic transformations. A porcelain veneer is a thin, translucent shell of tooth-like material that is bonded to the front of teeth. Dr. Raj Upadya offers porcelain veneers to patients who want to improve the beauty, health, or function of their teeth.
Same Day Dentistry
Using sophisticated E4D technology, Dr. Updaya is able to complete many porcelain veneer procedures in a single visit. The E4D uses CAD/CAM capabilities to design and create a custom fit porcelain veneers. Same day dentistry saves the patient time and money and allows their tooth to remain protected and fully functional.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in getting porcelain veneers in the Summit, NJ and Florham Park, NJ area, schedule an appointment with Dr. Upadya. He will discuss your cosmetic goals and budget concerns to determine if porcelain veneers are right for you.
About Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers can improve the function and health of your teeth in addition to enhancing your natural smile.
Porcelain veneers are used in cosmetic dentistry for a number of reasons including:
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Repairing chipped or broken teeth
- Covering stained or discolored teeth
In some cases, porcelain veneers can be used to correct the appearance of misshaped or crooked teeth and help you avoid orthodontic treatment.
Process For Porcelain Veneers
The process for porcelain veneers takes place over several visits:
- Consultation & Evaluation – First, Dr. Upadya performs an initial consultation and evaluation. The dentist will inspect your teeth, gums and mouth and determine if porcelain veneers are right for you. Next, he will create a treatment plan that outlines your specific process to meet your cosmetic goals as well as address your health concerns.
- Preparation – Next, Dr. Upadya will prepare the tooth or teeth to accommodate the porcelain veneers. It will be necessary to remove a small amount of the natural tooth structure to allow adequate space for the porcelain veneers to fit inside your mouth. A digital impression of the teeth will taken to be used to create the porcelain veneers.
- Final Fit & Cementation – If he is using the E4D technology, Dr. Upadya may place your porcelain veneers in the same visit. If they are being made at a dental laboratory, Dr. Upaday may apply temporary teeth veneers, which are usually made of resin, to protect the teeth. The final porcelain veneers will be tried on your teeth and checked for comfort and esthetics. The dentist will make any minor adjustments if needed before permanently bonding the porcelain veneers to the teeth.
- After Care – Porcelain veneers require some special care. Dr. Upadya will review instructions with you and show you how to floss and brush the dental veneers. Routine dental care, including teeth cleanings and examinations are important to ensure long term health and proper fit.
Dental Veneer FAQs
How much do porcelain veneers cost?
Patients often ask about the cost of veneers or how much a single tooth veneer costs. There are several factors that go into the price of veneers, the first of which is materials. Other factors include the size and location of the tooth as well as the cosmetic goals of treatment.
Dr. Upadya offers porcelain veneers as well as the less expensive alternative, tooth bonding procedure.
How long do porcelain veneers last?
Our goal is for your porcelain veneers to last a lifetime. After several years, it is common to need some minor repair or maintenance. You can ensure long lasting veneers by maintaining a healthy diet, brushing and flossing regularly and visiting the dentist at least twice a year for professional cleaning and examination.
Resin veneers do not last as long as porcelain veneers. Most patients will need a “touch up” procedure in about five years or less.
What are the pros and cons of porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are incredibly durable and stain resistant. They also look and feel more like natural teeth compared to alternatives like lumineers or tooth bonding.
Some patients may be hesitant about porcelain veneers because they are an irreversible procedure. If this is a concern you share, Dr. Upadya may suggest you try an alternative procedure like tooth bonding which requires little or no tooth preparation.