Dental Implants Florham Park, NJ
Dental implants are an excellent solution for patients who have missing teeth but want long lasting, natural looking results. Dental implants look and function just like natural teeth, allowing the patient to speak, chew and smile confidently. Dr. Raj Upadya of Esthetic Dental Care in Florham Park, NJ specializes in treating complex dental problems and replacing missing teeth with dental implants.
Dental implants are used to:
- Replace a single tooth that is missing or broken
- Restore teeth with significant decay
- Replace multiple teeth
- Anchor a dental bridge or denture
Dental Implant Process
The process for dental implants take place over several months:
Consultation & Evaluation – Each patient starts their treatment with a comprehensive evaluation from Dr. Upadya. The dentist will inspect your teeth, gums and mouth and determine if dental implants are right for you. It is important that you have adequate bone structure to secure the implant in place.
Dr. Upadya will create a personalized treatment plan. He may place the implant himself or in many cases, coordinate treatment with an oral surgeon or periodontist who will perform the surgery.
Implantation – The dental implant is a tiny titanium post that is placed into the bone serving as the root for the prosthetic tooth. Strategic planning is crucial to the long term success and comfort of the final restoration.
The dental implant will be given 3 to 6 months to heal. During this time, you may have a temporary crown or bridge in place for healing and cosmetic purposes.
- Implant Restoration – Once the dental implant has completely healed and fused to the bone, it will be uncovered and Dr. Upadya will permanently secure the dental crown to the dental implant. The dental crown is typically made of porcelain and looks like a natural tooth.
- After Care – Many patients say that they forget they have a dental implant. The dental implant will look and function the same as natural teeth and you will be able to floss and brush the dental implant normally. Routine visits to the dentist will be important to ensure long term health and function.
Dr. Upadya uses some of the most sophisticated dental technology in the treatment planning for dental implants. From digital x-rays to 3-D simulations, the entire treatment plan will be carefully outlined before any work is ever done inside the mouth. Careful planning ensures that the results will be comfortable, natural looking and long lasting.
Schedule a Consultation for Dental Implants
Find out why dental implants are the preferred solution for missing teeth by both dentists and patients. Contact Esthetic Dental Care in Florham Park, NJ to schedule a consultation with Dr. Upadya. Call us at 973-241-5169 or click here to schedule an appointment.