Porcelain Veneers Florham Park, NJ
Porcelain veneers are used in cosmetic dentistry to accomplish a number of goals. They can be used for subtle changes or dramatic transformations. A porcelain veneer is a thin, translucent shell of tooth-like material that is bonded to the front of teeth. Dr. Raj Upadya offers porcelain veneers to patients who want to improve the beauty, health, or function of their teeth.
Porcelain veneers are used in cosmetic dentistry for a number of reasons including:
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Repairing chipped or broken teeth
- Covering stained or discolored teeth
In some cases, porcelain veneers can be used to correct the appearance of crooked or misshaped teeth and help you avoid orthodontic treatment.
Same Day Dentistry
Using sophisticated E4D technology, Dr. Updaya is able to complete many porcelain veneer procedures in a single visit. The E4D uses CAD/CAM capabilities to design and create a custom fit porcelain veneers. Same day dentistry saves the patient time and money and allows their tooth to remain protected and fully functional.
Process For Porcelain Veneers
The process for porcelain veneers takes place over several visits:
- Consultation & Evaluation – First, Dr. Upadya performs an initial consultation and evaluation. The dentist will inspect your teeth, gums and mouth and determine if porcelain veneers are right for you. Next, he will create a treatment plan that outlines your specific process to meet your cosmetic goals as well as address your health concerns.
- Preparation – Next, Dr. Upadya will prepare the tooth or teeth to accommodate the porcelain veneers. It will be necessary to remove a small amount of the natural tooth structure to allow adequate space for the porcelain veneers to fit inside your mouth. A digital impression of the teeth will taken to be used to create the porcelain veneers.
- Final Fit & Cementation – If he is using the E4D technology, Dr. Upadya may place your porcelain veneers in the same visit. If they are being made at a dental laboratory, Dr. Upaday may apply temporary teeth veneers, which are usually made of resin, to protect the teeth. The final porcelain veneers will be tried on your teeth and checked for comfort and esthetics. The dentist will make any minor adjustments if needed before permanently bonding the porcelain veneers to the teeth.
- After Care – Porcelain veneers require some special care. Dr. Upadya will review instructions with you and show you how to floss and brush the dental veneers. Routine dental care, including teeth cleanings and examinations are important to ensure long term health and proper fit.
Schedule a Consultation for Porcelain Veneers
Find out if porcelain veneers are right for you. Contact Esthetic Dental Care in Florham Park, NJ to schedule an appointment with Dr. Upadya. Call us at 973-241-5169 or click here to schedule an appointment.